Unless today is your first time reading about internet marketing, you surely know that getting targeted website traffic is the most important activity you’ll be doing as an internet marketer.
If you must make any tangible income online, then you must work hard to increase the amount of traffic you receive to your blog.
The naked truth is that the higher the amount of targeted website traffic you receive, the more money you can possibly stand to earn from your business.
If you have noticed, I’ve been consistently using the word “targeted website traffic”.
The reason is because I want you to be conscious of it.
You can get a million visitors to your website in a month. But if those visitors are not interested in what you are offering, then you will make zero income.
So, it’s not just about driving huge traffic to your website; it is about ensuring that the traffic is made up of people who are interested in your offer. That is what targeted website traffic means.
To help you further understand this, let me illustrate it:
If I’m getting 100,000 non-targeted visitors monthly and you are getting 1000 targeted visitors monthly, you are going to make much more money than I will.
So it is important that you make sure the traffic you receive to your blog are people who need what you offer.
How do you get targeted traffic to your blog?
There are two routes to follow when looking for targeted website traffic: the free and the paid route.
The paid route:
This is the easiest and fastest way to get started if you don’t have the time and patience to work hard at getting free traffic.
With paid traffic sources, you can get instant results for whatever you are promoting, whether it’s your blog or an affiliate product.
As you will notice by its name, you will have to pay your way through to force people to notice your website and take whatever action you want from them if they are interested.
However, even though you can get instant results and get return on your spending, things can also go wrong and you will lose your money.
Personally, I have lost up to $500 in a single campaign and got tiny result that was far below what I spent. I have learned my lesson though.
I’m telling you this so that you will be very careful when going for paid traffic. Here is an article I wrote that will help you make maximum reward from your paid traffic campaign.
In this article, I’m going to focus on the free traffic.
If you want to learn more about paid traffic sources, click here to get detailed information.
Let’s talk about the free traffic route………
How to get free targeted website traffic that converts
Most people ignore the free traffic route because they believe it wastes a lot of time and is slow in bringing in results.
This assumption is made worse by the internet gurus who keep telling newbies that free traffic is total BS.
Well, I won’t argue with those gurus.
All I can say is that free traffic works and can get you a more steady income than the paid route.
With free traffic, you work hard and long enough to establish your website on the search engine so that it starts getting organic traffic.
When you achieve this, you can then relax and watch your income grow steadily without spending money or time on it again.
So if you don’t have the money to go through the paid route and you have the time to work hard and long enough, you should go for free traffic source.
Let me say it again: free traffic also works.
Here are five sure methods for getting free targeted website traffic:
Being active on forums remains one of the best ways to get free targeted website traffic. I got the first batch of traffic to my blog through forums.
To get free targeted website traffic from forums, here is what you should do:
- Identify the forums where your targeted audience hangs out. If you don’t already know this, simply go to Google and type “your niche + forums”. You will get a lot of suggestions from Google on the forums where you will find your target audience.Visit many of them to see the ones that are most active, then register with them.
- Search for questions that your product, service or website has answers to and give detailed helpful comment on the post.For example, if you have a post on your website where you talked about how to reset your android phone, you can find questions on the forum where a user asked of how to reset their android phones.Drop an answer there and tell the reader to visit so and so link for an even more detailed answer. Of course, the link you drop will be the link to the post on your website where you answered it.With this method, you will get visits from not just the person that asked the question on the forum, but also from others who have the same problem and who came there to find answers.It’s not just about answering questions, you can also post advice on the forum and add a link back to your website for more details about it.Just make sure you are visible on the forum so that the members begin to trust you and see you as an authority in that area.
One more thing: don’t forget to add your blog or squeeze page link to your signature on that forum. Make sure the words that go with it is catchy so it will entice readers to click it.
With this method, you can be sure of getting steady traffic to your website.
Commenting on other blogs
This method will not just get you free traffic, but will also get you the attention of top influencers in your niche.
It involves identifying the top blogs in your niche and commenting sensibly on their post.
I used the word sensibly because if you comment for the sake of getting a backlink and not really to add value to the readers of the blog you are commenting on, you will earn a ban for yourself from the blog owner.
Come to think of it, if you have a blog and someone comes to it to post useless comments and adding backlinks to it, what would you do?
You would mark him as spam…….right?
So make sure your comments are full of insights and complimentary to the post.
If you do this right, you will not only get free traffic to your blog, but might also get the attention of the blog owner and a relationship may start between you both.
Trust me that such a relationship is going to benefit you in your blogging career.
This strategy is going to take you time, but will yield great result for you in the long run.
It is meant to put your name out there as an authority in your niche.
In this method of getting free targeted website traffic, you will have to write great articles in your niche, but instead of posting it on your blog, you post it on authority blogs in your niche.
It achieves three goals for you:
- It makes the readers of the authority blog to see you as an expert and to start trusting you.
- You get a high quality backlink to your blog from that authority blog. Google loves this and will help move you higher in their search page.
- Aside the readers of the authority blog trusting you, you will also get a considerable amount of traffic from them, as some of them will want to check you out.
So how do you implement this strategy?
Here is how to do it:
- Identify the top authority blogs in your niche
- Find out the type of articles they feature on their website
- Browse around their website to see if they have guest-posting policies
- Write a very powerful and well researched articles and pitch to the blog owner to post in on their website
If you get approved, then you will have your article and your bio posted on their website.
But if you don’t get a response from the blow owner after a week, try to contact them again.
Remember, the article you are pitching to them must never have been published elsewhere.
Social media groups
This strategy is almost the same with forums, except that you will be targeting social media groups within your niche.
So you should seek out groups and pages within your niche, join them and start establishing yourself as an authority there through your posts and comments there.
If the members in the group trust you, they will easily click on the links within your posts and comments to get more insights.
This will mean free traffic for you.
In case you don’t know, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world currently after Google, with over 1.3 billion users.
Every minute, 300 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube and an average of 6 billion hours of videos is watched monthly on it.
This is to show you that it is a veritable source of traffic if you put it to good use.
So how do you use YouTube to get traffic?
- Create a channel for your blog on YouTube
- Upload as many videos as you can on the channel. Make sure they are high quality, informative and interesting.
- Be sure to add a link back to your website when describing each video you upload.
Click here to learn a more detailed guide on how to drive free traffic using YouTube to drive traffic.
Here s the bottom line:
The more targeted website traffic you get from all these sources, the more Google will respect you and the higher your blog will appear in the search pages for your chosen keywords.
Here’s my advice:
Don’t over rely on any traffic source, whether paid or free.
Even if you have enough money to use paid traffic sources, don’t ignore the free traffic sources.
The traffic from free sources tends to last longer than the paid sources which last only as long as your money lasts.
I hope this gives you deep insights on how to get targeted website traffic for your blogs.
I’d love to read your reactions, questions, experience and suggestion from the comment box.
Do you need 1000 Visitors to your website daily without spending money?
Here are 10 websites that will send you high quality targeted websites traffic for free.
Enter your email below to get them